A. INDIGESTION: It is the most common gastric problem these days. It simply means the improper digestion and absorption of food we eat. It can be cured in following ways:
1. Drinking water with 2-3 drops of mint essence cures indigestion.
2. Ginger tea after meals aids in promoting digestion.
3. Baking soda in a glass of water provides instant relief.
4. A pinch of hing in buttermilk helps in releasing gas.
5. A single flake of garlic swallowed on empty stomach also solves the gas trouble.
6. Avoiding wearing tight clothes, daily walk of about half an hour, regular exercise and most importantly timely meals and good chewing are few suggestions for keeping indigestion at par.
B. DIARRHOEA: Frequent loose motions are termed as diarrhea. Some easy home remedies for diarrhoea are as follow:
1. Increase fluid intake containing salt and small amounts of sugar. It helps the body to replace the glucose and minerals lost during diarrhea.
2. Take ginger tea to get relief from cramps and pain.
3. Prepare a mixture of 1 tsp of mint juice, ½ tsp of ginger juice and I tsp of honey. It should be taken at regular intervals to get relief from diarrhea.
4. Prepare a solution by adding ½ tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp ginger juice and ¼ tsp pepper powder and take it at regular intervals.
5. Take 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water with each meal.
C. ACIDITY/ HEARTBURN: Burning sensation in the chest after heavy meals is called acidity.
1. Taking equal quantities of ginger and coriander helps in relieving acidity.
2. Squeeze the juice of the whole orange and mix it with roasted cumin seeds. Add some rock salt as per taste. It gives instant relief from acidity.
3. Take 2 tbsp of Isabgol in milk after every meal. It is also very beneficial in elimination acidity.
4. Drinking coconut oil also helps in relieving acidity.
5. Equal quantities of amla and haritaki powder are effective in treating acidity.
6. Taking jiggery hourly also relieves acidity.
1. Drinking 8-10 glasses of water daily relieves constipation.
2. Avoiding dry foods and taking the foods which contains adequate amount of ghee or oil.
3. Put a teaspoon full of ghee and put it in a glass of warm milk and take it before going to bed.
4. Avoid rice while suffering from constipation.
5. Apples are very beneficial in curing constipation.
6. Simplest home remedy for constipation is to take a glass of lemon juice in warm water with a pinch of salt in it.
7. Papaya and guavas are also helpful in treating constipation.
8. Taking flax seed powder in a fruit juice continuously for one week treats constipation.
9. Spinach taken in raw or cooked form is very beneficial in cleaning bowel system.
10. Drinking Castor oil in warm milk before going to bed also helps in relieving constipation.