We all long for that shiny flowing soft mane, but the hard fact of life is that only a few of us are blessed with it. Some people complain of oily hair while the others of dry hair. In this article we look at some home remedies for treating dry hair. Dry hair is often accompanied with dandruff on the scalp.
Dry hair is brittle and usually split near the end. They so closely resemble dry straw that they are not a pleasant sight to look at and an equally unpleasant mane to possess. Dry hair is caused when the hair does not have sufficient quantity of natural moisturizers and natural oil. There can be multiple reasons for Home Remedies for Dry and Damaged Haircause of dry hair. Over exposure to the sun without covering the hair, use of harsh chemicals – shampoo, color, styling equipments – hair perms, blow dryers, hair straighteners can lead to dry hair. Atmospheric pollution is also a major contributor for drying up the hair. Internal factors like improper diet, a prolonged illness, treatment for cancer also lead to dry hair.
Home Remedies for Dry Hair and Hair Loss
There are some simple home remedies that can be used for ensuring that the hair stay moisturized. Try these out.
1) Warm Oil Massage: For maintaining and regaining the shine of your hair go in for warm oil massages. Use natural oil – jojoba oil, coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, wheat germ oil, rosemary oil can help restore moisture. The massage is good for blood circulation and the oil provides essential nutrients and vitamins to the hair and the scalp.
2) Hot Towel Wrap: After the oil massage dip a towel in hot water, drain out the water and wrap it around your head. This the best way to steam your scalp and the hair.
3) Vinegar: Pure vinegar works beautifully for the hair. Prepare a mixture using two teaspoons of pure vinegar with 6 teaspoons of water. Rub it on the scalp and let it stay overnight. Wrap a towel around the head and shampoo the hair the next morning. Rinse the hair with vinegar water in the end. Repeat this treatment to your hair once a week for three to four months and see your hair shine.
4) Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds are a wonderful remedy for dandruff. Soak the seeds overnight, grind to a paste and leave it on the scalp for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off and wash the hair using a mild shampoo.
5) Tomatoes: Application of tomato juice, paste or slices to the hair improves the PH balance of the hair. The vitamin C in the tomatoes helps improve the quality of hair.
6) Bananas and Avocados: Applying a mixture of mashed bananas and avocados is also helpful for regaining the shine of the hair.
Coffee, Chamomile Tea also helps to restore the shine to the hair. A good and a healthy diet rich in nutrients and vitamins are essential for a healthy and a shiny mane.