Do dark underarms embarrass you in summers and prevent you from wearing your smart without sleeve tops? Dark underarms are all the more a matter of concern for people with fair skin as dark underarms are more conspicuous in their case. There is no need to pity yourself or sacrifice your favorite top. Just work through the home remedies given below and possess enviable underarms.
Causes of dark underarms:
Let us start by understanding why some people have dark underarms whereas the others are not troubled by this problem. Friction with rough fabric, excessive sweating, shaving of underarms, dead skin, chemicals, excessive use of deodorants are some of the common causes of dark underarms.
Natural Home Remedies for Dark Underarms
To treat dark underarms is not a major problem and skin whitening can easily be done by resorting to some simple home remedies. The best that you can do for your underarms is not to wear tight and synthetic clothing, powder your underarms with an anti bacterial powder. Some other remedies that you can resort to are:
1) Rub a slice of lemon on your underarms;
2) Application of baking soda, after a shower helps lighten the skin;
3) Massage your armpits in circular motion with coconut or vitamin oil;
4) Prepare a mixture using a tablespoon of curd, gram flour and milk each. Add a pinch of turmeric and apply this paste on your underarms. Rinse after a few minutes;
5) Instead of shaving opt for waxing as it removes dead skin along with the hair. This also helps maintain good hygiene.
6) Prepare a paste using milk powder and alum powder. Apply it on your armpits. Once this mixture dries, wash it off with water. Repeat this three times a week and see the skin of your underarms lightens;
7) Exfoliating the skin of your underarms just like your face with a scrub, pumice stone or rice powder also proves helpful.
Try the above remedies and get ready to enjoy this summer!